Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dog Libido

It's a sunny Saturday. The sky is blue. The birds are twerping, but we're stuck without the jeep, so we're walking to have coffee at my old haunt where I used to garden. I haven't been there in a while.

My plan was to sit, sip a cappuccino, do the crossword puzzle, while the dogs languished beside me, taking in the sites.

Wrong. Oh, so wrong...

I tied Zephyr to a plastic chair--he's not going anywhere--then I tied Trooper up short to Zephyr. I gave a nice firm "stay" & went inside. I came out less than 3 minutes later to find Trooper pulling Zephyr AND THE CHAIR down the sidewalk, while customers looked onward. Oh my god....

I wrangled them back, unwound leashes, righted the chair, but Trooper went into a full squirmy, yowling, toddler-esque fit.  WTH, dude?

It seems he was after a daschund that had just walked by, and he had no intention of letting her/him getaway.

"Bark! Whine! Pant!" He actually arched his back and tried to squirm out of my arms like a two year old.

I was dying. So much for quiet and inconspicuous.

Even after the daschund was long gone, Trooper would not be consoled, or acquiesced. He went all exorcist on me, so I alpha-dogged him, rolled him over on his back to subdue him. It worked, for a few minutes and then he was off again.

My beautiful frothy cappuccino was cooling.  The couple at the next table were gurumphing. I slurped down my coffee and let it go.

What I'm thinking: Trooper needs to be neutered. I'll wait a while, as we just had an operation, but it really needs to be done. Sorry little guy, but it's either me or your libido and since I'm paying your bills, I get to pick.

Life is rough when you're a dog. *Pft*

d, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment