Monday, March 5, 2012

Nap Day

It's Monday. Lots of errands to run and packages to ship. Yay, shop sales!
The dogs got a neighborhood walk today, but truly Trooper is beat. Yesterday's river "hike" has left him one groggy pup. (I adore that Trooper, like myself, is not a morning being. He yawns and stretches, rubs his eyes, then easily falls back to sleep. Bless you, my small furry friend.)

Meanwhile, much to my delight another donation came in over the weekend, bringing our total up to $235! This really kind person came out of nowhere. Not a Twitter follower that I know of, but a really kind and generous Trooper follower. Thank you. :-)


One day I will total up Trooper's expenditures, since finding him in December. He really threw our budget for a loop, but I would do it again, all of it, even without the generous donations.

During those un-godly predawn mornings when I wake with a start,  I sometimes imagine I didn't quite get the grab on him. He slipped threw my fingers, or I wasn't wearing gloves when he bit me and I lost my grip on him. Then I REALLY freak out, because when I think of him out there all alone, in the cold, fending for himself, I shiver...then I turn on the light, check that he is still here, in his bed and breathing.  (I do this to Zephyr too.) Motherhood, even for the furry kind is a trippy all consuming thing. Whew.

Ok, off to the post. Thanks again everyone for following us over to our new blog home. In time I hope to make it fancier. One. Thing. At. A. Time. :-)

d, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment