Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Zephyr Update

Today was kind of a good news, bad news sort of day. The bad news is Zephyr's heart isn't pumping properly. This is new as far as I know, as he's never been diagnosed with any heart problems before. He has a Mitral Valve Insufficiency with decreased contractility--says the vet tech.

He's being put on medication in hopes of evening out his heartbeat. The vet says he may be lethargic for a while. We'll see.

Right now all I can see is no more trips to the river or long walks anywhere, which makes me horribly sad as those are our happiest times...I suppose we will see about that too.

There was good news, what was it? Oh, they did an additional ultrasound on his stomach. No tumors or blockage. So, that's good.

It's not even 11a.m. and I'm already done with this day. It's gray out, cold. I am putting the house on lock down and hiding with my guys. I made tea. Trooper's asleep in Zephyr's bed. Zephyr's asleep on mine. I think I'll join him for a while. We need some hug time.

d, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment